Saturday, December 25, 2021

Quilt Block 138E ~ Seven Shirt Quilt- Backing

 


Seven Shirt Quilt Along- Part5

This is a series of the process of making a
quilt from 7 men shirts.
An idea from "The Thrifty Quilter" blog that has been deleted from the internet.
 
 
 
 
This post shows how to making the backing from the shirts.

The Backing 
There were pieces of the shirts, like the backs that were not cut into pieces.
Those large pieces and scraps will be put together to make 1 large backing.

 Create a space to lay out the size of backing you need.
My cutting table is in layers of the cutting mat, linoleum, and wood.
I'm able to slide apart the cutting mat and linoleum 
to make a wider work table for this task. 
 For some reason, I enjoy putting scraps together to make a larger piece.
As you lay the pieces,
think of the straightest seams possible.

 

To close the (vent) slit on the sleeve to be able to use more fabric,
unpick on side.

Cut off excess, turn under end.
Top stitch down the edges.

Stitch pieces together.

At this time, add your label to your backing.

***********
Next, the suggested quilting.


You might also be interested in
Potholders from these shirts

1 comment:

  1. I do love this quilt and if I had the space and had my dads old shirts I would have happily made one.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.