Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Tues Tutorial ~Upcycle Thread Holder from Dental Floss Container


   Here's a traveling case for your thread. Best of all, you won't need a pair of scissors. The thread cutter is included if you use your old dental floss container when it becomes empty. 
   I did a quick web search and couldn't believe someone hadn't done this already.
 
 
 
 
 
 
******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
 
 
You'll need an empty dental floss case, pliers, and a sharp cutting knife.
 
Find the opening that will help pry apart the container.
I removed the cylinder over this piece,
and started twisting with my pliers.


 
Then cut away the rest,
flush with the container side.



Wound a bobbin of thread.
I used bobbins that didn't work well in my machines.
 
A bobbin fit perfectly on the remaining spindle.
Bring the thread through the same hole the floss used to exit,
and close the container.

 You might be able to remove the label?
 
Ready to throw in your purse or pocket.

 
Once again, you've kept something out of the landfill!
 

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! And now I'm kicking myself for just having thrown out an empty floss container....argh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! If I did hand sewing, I'd be making one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.