Friday, August 16, 2013

Reversed IKEA Knockoff- Muslin Chandelier Shade

 Most of us PIN ideas from a site whether it be a personal or business site and then do a knockoff.  Well the reverse has happened to me! (I feel.)

Over a year ago, on February 18, 2012, I posted the Muslin Chandelier Shade. You can find my tutorial there.

 Yesterday, we took a trip to IKEA.  We hadn't been since they had finished their new set up this past spring.  I discovered something I don't believe IKEA was offering a year ago. IKEA had created a knockoff of MY design.
Yep, it certainly appears to be made from muslin. They also had a much longer shade as well. I must admit, not a bad price, but mine was basically free since it was muslin I inherited from my Grandmother.
*****************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo


4 comments:

  1. I like both finishes of this lamp, both yours and IKEA's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever, now IKEA is copying YOU!!! I love the look of yours, just take it as a compliment.
    But a little credit would have been nice! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they read your blog. :D Thanks for sharing your fun inspiration.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...