Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wordless Wednesday #66~ Pink Lilies of Some Sort


This is my 3rd year here and the first time these have appeared here.
Either too dry, or didn't notice when I was weed eating. 

Update: A cousin told me they could be called "Naked Ladies."
After researching online a big, I did find confirmation.
They are of the Amaryllis family and yes, they are a lily.
http://daviswiki.org/naked_lady 
*****************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

6 comments:

  1. Those lillies are gorgeous. I think - not completely sure - they may be called surprise lilies! Either way - they are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet surprise for you! They're beautiful. Love your backyard, too. Like a mini sanctuary, and very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lilies! Be careful weed eating next year. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You have a great yard!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.