Thursday, July 12, 2012

Zingy Orange Cottage Cheese Dessert or Salad

If you don't like cottage cheese, you just might like it this way.
I use fat free cottage cheese and sugar free gelatin.  I love it, especially the tangy zing I get.
Use what you like.






I made up this stuff after a gelatin recipe I made in good ole Home Ec way back in high school.  One day I wanted to make it and only had the cottage cheese and gelatin.  So I decided to just blend these 2 to see what I would get.  The rest is history full of imagination.

Next time I might mix in some mandarin oranges to this.
The recipe in Home Ec. had lime gelatin, cottage cheese, chunky pineapple, miniature marshmallows and pecans.  The gelatin was made by box directions with other ingredients added which allowed us gel it in a mold. 

Aren't your jaws zinging by now!

You'll find this post at several Linky Parties. Please check them out for some great ideas.


5 comments:

  1. I happen to like cottage cheese so that looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe I have for this adds Cool Whip - yummmmmm

    I might try it without though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll also have to try adding the Cool Whip. I think I'd enJOY that!

      Delete
  3. Yum! I love cottage cheese and mandarin oranges, so I have a feeling I'm going to love this! I'll have to try it. When I do, I'll feature it on my blog and be sure to refer back to you! P.S. I'm officially your newest follower! Yay for being blog buddies!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.