Monday, December 7, 2015

Choo Choo Stocking

     Year before last, I made a bunch of Christmas stockings.  One of those little people named Elcie has had a little brother since then. So I pulled out my "Stocking Pattern" and got busy.


******************



          Liam's Mommy sent me a picture of a stocking she liked which included a choo choo train.  After some quick online research, I found a simple choo choo at Coloring Pages 101 I was allowed to download for free.
          My applique technique is a simple process of using iron-on interfacing to hold the pieces together and give the piece some body.  The interfacing usually doesn't let the piece slip around while I stitch the applique onto the fabric.  I did use a quick spritz of adhesive in the very center of this piece.
Decided to use the blanket stitch.
I'm one of those folks that can't stand to throw away scraps.  Good thing I didn't in this case.  Mommy requested the stocking be similar in color to Elcie's.  I had some of the scrap work still available and plenty of the blue polka dot fabric.
Had just enough green to make a fake cuff.
I love, LOVE my Edge Joining foot that I use to edge stitch by moving the needle to the left.

Of course I forgot to sew in the hanger and had to rip out about an inch of the seam to put it in. 
That happens more often than not.

The results:

Picture taken by Elcie & Liam's Mommy
 
**********************************


Thanks to the FREE program

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.

8 comments:

  1. Joy, these are beautiful! Very nice to see how you used that foot on your machine...I admit I have it but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww these are so sweet!! Great idea :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stocking as so cute. I'm sure they will get lots of loving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute scarf!! I love the colorful train! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love them!! I would love to have you share at my craft link party: http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2015/12/handmade-christmas-craft-book-review.html!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute stocking and how neat that you still had some fabric left from the first one so they match!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.