Saturday, July 27, 2024

Quilt Shot Block 177~ Easy Street for QOV

 

Easy Street, from Easy Peasy 3 Yard Quilts, by Fabric Cafe
(Not sponsored)
 
For QOV entitled
Streets of Freedom
 
Comprised of the 2 following blocks
This is a 4 yard quilt to meet the minimum required size for QOV



 
My quilt journal.
Calculations needed for next size up quilt recorded,
and any other notes and warnings needed.
 
 

(Sorry, not a free pattern. 
Trying not to share measurements)
 
Just to make sure I cut down the correct line on this ruler,
I used painter's tape. 

it was at this point,
I realized I had put the wrong color strips
around this block.
All were ripped off.

Took about hour and half to remove all of them.

The way it's supposed to be.
Thank goodness I have more blue fabric to cut.
I had to cut 2 more strips.


 
 Finally ready to put in rows.
 
For the first row,
I laid out like this.
 Only 4 in a row.

Then for the next row,
I switched them around 
to make sure I
had the right order.

Only needed 6 rows.
The 2 borders added the needed inches.
It was really a simple top to make.
Just needed to pay attention to where each color strip went.



Now off to one of the Longarm Ladies in our QOV group for quilting.

Then maybe back to me for the binding.

We have 2 major awards ceremony each year. 
Find our Elkhorn Creek QOV on Facebook.
Check out our last Awards ceremony HERE.
For more information about Quilts of Valor Foundation, click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Someone will really love snuggling up beneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I really like the way that came out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.