Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Tues Tip~ Using Garden Gloves to Change Rotary Blades?

Yes, since rotary blades can cut through fabric,
they could cut through garden glove.
However,
 
These thick canvas with a rubber coating,
seem to be just another couple of layers 
between my fingers and the blades
which I do have a great fear of being near
when they are not in the cutter.

So I still use a lot of caution.
Yes, I know there are gloves
that are made to use with rotary cutters,
but imagine how much these $type store gloves cost.
I save the blades that don't have major chip damage,
to use to cut paper, card stock and lightweight card board
for my cards, bookmarks and other projects.
What do you use your old blades for?
I have a spare cutter for that use,
so I don't have to keep changing out the blades.

 

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I have a cutter that's earmarked for using with paper. I actually have three - one for paper, one for 'good' fabric, and one for not-so-'good' fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've used my rotary cutter on anything other than fabric - only because I have a few different paper cutters. But I think it's a great idea to use the gloves and to save the chipped ones for other than fabric. You're so full of great tips!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.