Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Tuesday Tutorial~ 2nd SIL 2023 Bday

First let's get it straight, he's only the 2nd son-in-law because they were the second to get married. He's the father of my grandson that got this card of the farm truck and the husband of the daughter that has gotten this & this landscape cards of the beautiful scene of their bottom land.

 

 

 

 

1. I start with the card made from card stock which is half of a sheet folded in half. I need this for my prototype to help me size things.

2.  I research free blackline clipart sites for an idea. Using the free Open Office Word Processer, I copy and paste and resize the image to fit 1/4 of the sheet. Then it's printed on scrap paper as with this blue marked paper.  Today's clipart came from ClipArt Best.

3. I like to keep a folder of the printed clipart in the event I might make another card, so I trace the part of the image I'm going to use.

4. I cut a piece of background fabric the size of the card in number 1.  This was a piece from an old pair of jeans used hard in farm work. Yes, it's clean and ironed fabric.

Started to trace with marker and decided I was losing details. I was in too much of a rush to trace again, so I made it work. Placed the piece over the blue jean fabric and sewed along the line. I don't free motion, but still use a generic machine foot.

    Most is easy to tear away.


 

Some is not.

This fabric was ironed several times to no avail.
I proceeded to try to stitch more lines in the tail.
Today I tried this machine foot to stitch around the edge to apply to card front.
It worked better.
These clipart outline cards are the easiest and quickest to make.

My great grand son's card is next.
Hope I inspired you. 
 
Shared @


 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a moooving experience. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Love seeing your sewn cards and the process that goes into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your'e thread drawing looks so cute pairing the denim and cow together. I love the farm truck collage, too! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.