Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thoughtful Thurs 193~ A Thoughtful Place for Mother's Day Dinner

 

This is where one of my daughter and her hubby along with my grand daughter and her hubby took my daughter's MIL and me to dinner for Mother's day.
It's was once a garden green house in downtown Lexington that someone turned into a restaurant called "Kentucky Native."  What an experience. It's all out doors and open air. What buildings there are for the plant work and cooking, they have no windows. So it's only open in the warm seasons.
 
As I stood in line to place my order and while sitting at my table I took pictures all around.



 
I was astounded with the beauty and oddity of this plant found at a place called "Kentucky Native" while this plant is NOT native to Kentucky.

It was only labeled "Resident" which I'm sure is not it's name.
 
After the meal, we took a walk through the green houses.
I think my daughter puts a lot of thought into the places we visit.
She's the one that came up with the idea to go to the Kentucky Castle on a warm day in February for a tour which I have not shared.
 
Both of my daughter's are super thoughtful. 
I'm a lucky Mom.

Did you know Mom upside down is 
WOW!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful fun place to enjoy Mother's Day. For me it would be far more fun to do something like that than go to a high-priced restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely place to dine surrounded by all that beautiful nature. Funny thing - I have a notation on my calendar to order Maple-Leaf Abutilon - that plant you pictured with the orange and red flowers. I don't remember putting it there but I must have wanted it for a reason. I think because it's supposed to be deer resistant.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.