Friday, April 14, 2023

Fun Fri~ Lunch @ The Kentucky Castle

 

Versailles, Kentucky, USA 
 
 
Rarely seen back view of the Castle.
 

I have a special group of former colleagues
that I still meet up with for lunch occassionally.
They actually meet about every week,
but I hadn't seen them for almost 2 years.
When Jan said they were eating at 
The Kentucky Castle
I HAD to go for the experience.
Above is the view from my table.

 
I had the country ham with 
thinly sliced apple
& thinly sliced brie cheese (don't ask me how)
with a teaspoon of cherry preserves & balsamic vinegar
on a foccacia bun
with fries.
 
Country ham is a southern thing, especially in Kentucky.
The Castle had a Blueberry Cornbread on the menu
that looked interesting.
Just a slight bit of Easter decor.
I understand Christmas is the time to go.

 
What I found odd about this trip is
I've lived in the Lexington, KY 
area since 2000.
The Castle had not been finished then
and actually was at a stand still
and had a fire so folks
thought it would just be a ruins.
Since the 70s when visiting Lexington
we would pass this grand scene
never thinking we would visit.
It finally came available to the public,
but was told it was very expensive.
However, the new owners
apparently wanted to change that idea
and share this special place with the public.
This past February,
my daughter arranged for some of our family
to take a FREE tour.
I'll post that later.
So, this was actually my second time to visit
all of a sudden within a 3 month period!
It was a fun experience.
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing place to visit and I imagine Christmas there would be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun lunch! I am intrigued by Blueberry Cornbread and I will never say no to Brie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous place to visit and the meal looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.