Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tues Tip~ Bag in a Pocket Reader Idea


 My "Bag in a Pocket" tutorial has been one of my all time most visited sites as you can see from my side bar. Recently a visiting reader, Nancy M. sent me some pictures of the bags she made for an upcoming fair where she would be selling her works. She wanted to share her idea with me and gave me permission to share with you. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ******************
Tuesday Tip
******************
 
Nancy's idea had to do with a new handle style.
 
Her comment:
" I made a modification, 1 handle is 28" the other is 13".  the long handle goes over the gear shift.  For carrying the long handle goes thru the short handle, so I only have to carry 1 handle and the contents won't tip or fall out."
I did mention to her in response to be careful how much weight you put on the gear shift. I had placed my purse on mine and it kept my gear shift from locking in correctly and wouldn't let me start my car. After removing my bag and jiggling my gear shift with my brake engaged, my car then started.
Nancy got her idea from a Japanese bag pattern where one handle is shorter, then loops through the other handle as a closure.  These patterns are free in many places online.

I'm anxious to hear how successful her fair event turned out.
 

Thank you Nancy for sharing your pictures and ideas and letting me know you used my tutorial.
You can find the tutorial for my "Bag in a Pocket" idea HERE.  I only ask that you give some kind of credit to me. I don't want someone claiming my idea later then declaring it wasn't my idea. You can see the date on my post to tell when I came up with the idea. I share my ideas to help others in hard times, or help others to help others. Pay it forward.
As you see, I don't cover my blog with ads, therefore I don't make money through this blog. I highly appreciate google for letting me do this. 

This post was shared at the following Linky. 

I highly appreciate the hosts hosting.

Please visit the linkies for more great ideas.



 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, Thank you for your original idea and the free easy to follow instructions. and Thank YOU for adding my idea to yours. I also used French seams, so I have no raw edges showing then top stitched the seams flat for reinforcement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French seams and top stitching a great idea for open seams. Thanks again for your ideas.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great bag, either way. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this style of bag.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.