Saturday, May 27, 2023

Quilt Shot Block 156~ 2023 Memorial Day Yard Flag

 


No this is not a quilt square.
However, quilt block ideas were used. 
The heart was used from an block I saw made on You-Tube. 
It was called Patriotic Heart that I used to make another yard flag. 
 
I didn't want to wait until Tuesday Tutorial to share
which would have been after Memorial Day.
 
The last flag I had made was for Veterans Day, Nov. 2021.
Then G and I got the Delta strain of COVID,
 I never felt like or had the energy to do anything last year.
Finally, that flag got so faded,
I was ashamed to leave it in the yard.
Recently, I pulled out my red, white, blue scrap bags
and got a new one made.
 

Still free cutting the same style letters 
I used to make for my elementary class bulletin board.
Made 2 sets of the alphabet and off set the back one for background effect.

If you look close a heart was machine stitch free hand.
Folksy style.



 To make the flag,
I had to go back myself to a past post.
Dimensions and directions for making the flag can be found at:
 
Mr. G's Knock Out Rose he planted for me is shown here.
The -30F freeze we had at Christmas killed several of the branches.
Once I trimmed the dead pieces,
it put out several blooms for each trimming.
In the background here,
there are more pots, pieces and plants that he got for me.
Some things did survive. 
I don't know why I didn't think to move the things inside or in the garage?
He did so much,
there is still a lot around to remind me of him.
Lots of memories that I love.
USA Memorial Day is very special to me
as I remember him and my Dad
for serving our country.

Shared @
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great tribute to your DH and your Dad (and to all the veterans). Looks perfect in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new patriotic flag turned out great! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.