Saturday, June 19, 2021

Quilt Shot 135 ~The "Bridges" Quilt

 

Bridges
Named after the family's namesake
with the symbols in the quilt

This quilt was made from scraps I was given.
My favorite tool for putting the triangles through the machine,
came from a restaurant.

A VERY handy tool when you've got a lot of chain piecing to cut.
Cutting Gizmo
Mr. G discovered it on a fabric store trip.
Found out if you can lay that bias on the ruler,
you only need to do 2 cuts.

The only thing matched was to make sure 2 different fabrics were used.


Turned out I like holding the ruler and piece like this,
and using the snippers to trim the 2 edges.

Then I felt like an artist just laying out the pieces to see what I design I could find.
Lines that connected reminded me of bridges.
The family's last name.





My symbols:
Straight pin is the upper left
Safety pin is lower left.


The backing was in the scrap bag as well.


The big Baby Lock, just skipped too many quilting stitches.
Little Brother always comes to the rescue.
He was being used for the Christian Academy sewing lessons each week,
so I didn't have the energy to carry the machine up and down the stairs.
Just did this job on the kitchen table.


I don't roll my binding like many quilters do.
Instead I fold in an accordion fashion and
lay in the drawer to my right.
I don't have to stop and unroll.
Presented to the Daddy the same day that Hobby Horse was given.


I always try to make a bag or pillow case to present the quilt,
if there is enough leftover fabric.
Hope the little ones enjoy Bridges.


2 comments:

  1. I love quilts that are bright and colourful and this one ticks all the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift from that gifted scrap bag, Joy!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.