Saturday, October 7, 2017

Quilt Shot Block #98~ Rainbow Butterfly

Rainbow Butterfly

As I was going through some old patterns I drew back in the late 70s,
I came across this pattern.
It's drawn on freezer paper.
Since it's freezer paper, I probably got the idea from Georgia Bonesteel
on her PBS program called "Lap Quilting."
She was the first person I heard talk about using freezer paper to make pattern pieces.
So much more accurate than tracing around the cardboard shapes.
I turned this pattern into this Butterfly Rainbow Square
using a foundation method.
 My foundation is old dryer sheets which I've saved in this bag.
Some other folks saved some dryer sheets for me as well.





 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.