That post showed you how I used the pieces to make the pattern. Primarily, I tried to demonstrate how to do flat construction, and replace the neck binding with facing which is much easier for my fingers to handle.
At the end of that post, you might note that I said I'd try to make a dress. No, haven't done that yet, but I have included a pattern in this post for you.
Below you will see how I did divide the back into 2 pieces. That's what happens when you don't have enough fabric. Redesign!
First I did some assembly line sewing.
Here is another version. This pieces was made according to the pattern. The back is one solid piece.
This jumper actually fit the American Girl doll, but looked dorky.
Just not her style. The yoke line hit in the wrong place.
So here is your pattern if you have a doll like this one.