Sunday, April 6, 2014

Quilt Shot Block #23~ Hole in the Barn Door

12 inch block
Hard to decide if I liked the dark or the light near the center.
I took pictures to help me decide.  Still not sure of my choice?
I guess an entire quilt of this block would look nice to alternate.
 I found this pattern years ago in a Quilt Magazine.
       As you can see, the quilt in this magazine shot shows the block on point.  I've seen this pattern with all of these names and is usually in solid or print or both. When I set out to make this block, I didn't realize I had the piggy pattern fabric.  I had just enough to make the hole.
       A few months ago, someone showed on their blog the "Hole In the Barn Door" quilt they had made.  Each block used an animal print in the center.  I thought that was a cute idea.  If you are the Quilter I'm talking about, please leave a comment.  I'd love to link your blog to this post.


**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page
 

4 comments:

  1. Joy this is such a really cute block. The piggies peeking out of the barn door are adorable. Creative Block Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cute! I love love love the lil' piggies!!! Thanks for sharing with us on Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute block with the piggies and I'm not sure which I like better.....they are both cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this and the one on the left is my favorite! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.