Saturday, September 10, 2022

Quilt Shot 149~ Donna's Great Grand Baby Quilt

 

My very good friend Donna,
is getting back into making quilts.
She first made one for her Grand Daughter's wedding.
Now that Grand Daughter is having her first baby.


Donna once again,
considers herself as a beginner.
By the looks of this quilt,
to refer to an old saying, 
I think she will ride that bike soon.
She spent hours designing and shopping for this quilt top
which she cut and sewed.


Then she asked me to free hand cut the letters,
and machine applique them
using the fabric of her choice.
She then asked another friend of ours
to do the quilting and the binding.
 

 Her dream came together perfectly.
I love the border choices.
My eye is first tricked into thinking there is a
lace border
until I look more closely.

She says the next quilt she makes will be with squares.
I think that's a great way to get started back into quilting.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a pretty baby quilt that will grow right along with her. It's feminine without going the baby pink route.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.