Monday, September 12, 2022

Mon Memory 138~ My First Out of State Trip Alone AG: Cardinal Quilt & Fabric Store

 

I finally exhaled a bit,
put on my big girl pants,
forgot about all the bad news crazies out there,
and went on my first out of state, After G road trip.
I know, it was only less than 2 hours away
and just across the Ohio River,
but I'm counting it.
Right off I missed him not driving
so I could take my drive by shots.
I pulled over to take some pictures, like these.
I had google map on "Off Highway"
like Mr. G and I usually did,
and as a result it took me by Kentucky's BIG auto race track.

I was taking pictures with my Nikon,
which has a view finder
that's impossible to use while driving.
So, I set it on "action" shots,
held it up toward the direction I wanted
and held down the button while it 
took about 12 shots automatically 
and I get what I get,
while I looked ahead to see where I was going.
Then, the good thing is
I used Photoscape!
and get this:
 
No way could I take a picture
with my phone and drive.
Some farmer was getting good use of the parking lots.
 


 Over the Ohio!
Indiana!
 

G and I always loved driving the north side of the Ohio.
A much better view than the Kentucky side.



Talk about a ton of fabric choices.
 I bought 3 yards for a new patriotic yard flag.
ALL fabric except backing fabric is 5$ a yard!!!!!

The lady helping me check out,
said the owner says 
people around there don't have a lot of money
and she wants them to be able to buy fabric.
The first thing you're probably saying is 
it is low quality fabric.
You are wrong. 
First touch, I knew it is high quality.
Several brand names in this store
if that's what you look for, unlike me, I don't.
I hope to return someday.
It was a very interesting little town.
If you are traveling the Interstate between
Louisville and Cincinnati
just exit on highway 1039 N
Cross the Ohio River,
turn left. 
As of August, when I went,
Google Map takes you to old location,
although the address for Cardinal Quilts and Fabric is correct.
So type in that address.


Lots of shops in this town,
and a couple of places to eat.
I think it would be worth checking more of them out.
I like the nostalgia of this town,
don't care about buying more stuff.
Actually, I know there are several towns on the north side of the Ohio River in Indiana and Ohio with shops. 
 
I headed back south to Frankfort
where I went to an afternoon matinee
with a barrel of popcorn
and still had supper at a pizza place
before heading home.
Took off my big girl pants,
and thought of the memories I made
without Mr. G.
Miss him.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good time, but yes, I know what you mean about it just not being the same. That fabric store! I love it! And hooray for smaller towns. The people are usually much friendlier and the pace is not as frantic. I should plan a similar mini road trip for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for doing that on your own. I don't know if I would have been so brave and I would most likely have gotten a friend to go along. What a lovely fabric shop and what a caring owner to keep the prices down. Makes one marvel at the markup that has to be happening at all the shops that are charging big bucks.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.