Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thoughtful Thursday 170~ Upcycled Pincushion


 As I opened my old, very old, since the 70s sewing basket, I realized I had an upcycled pin cushion. Remember the days when we had shoulder pads in everything?


I've been GREEN thinking all my life. I was raised by parents who grew up with my grand parents of the depression age. Being farm families, they got by with what they had. So I learned to look around me for something I need instead of "running to the store" 9 miles away to buy something else, because usually I didn't have the money to buy it much less gas to go buy it.

Besides, this portable (notice the underside of lid is a pin cushion) pin cushion doesn't take up a lot of space in this flat top tray of my old sewing basket.

Do you look to see what you have before you "run to the store?"

Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your wonderful sewing basket - and I know I made pincushions out of shoulder pads too. Those things were rather ridiculous and I hope they never make a comeback!
    As for running to the store for things - since the advent of covid we're doing less and less of that and I think it's been a good lesson to learn. We got rid of our tree topper last year and had planned to buy a new one which of course we forgot about until I decorated the tree. After an online search of the local stores that turned up nothing we liked I cast my eyes around my surroundings and there it was - a teddy bear that works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the picture of your Teddy Bear tree topper on your blog. I think its adorable.

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.