Saturday, November 30, 2019

Quilt Shot Block #113 ~ Othello Game Block

Two years ago I made a Game Quilt for 
a Sports Club to auction.
I shared some of the blocks from that quilt, (see links below)
but didn't get around to sharing the Othello Game Block.
Right after I made that quilt, 
I start another game quilt,
but my physical health brought that progress to a stand still.
Now, I'm back at it.
So here is how, I made this very simple,
not really pieced block.

The one thing that had been done before progress came to a stand still
was cut out the green square and use an iron off marker 
to mark off the spaces.
After 2 years the lines were still there.
The stitches also covered the line,
so no worries about ironing them off.
So all that was left to be done was stitch the lines and add a border.
On my machine, I used the Triple Stretch Stitch, which is two stitches forward, one stitch back. 
(Reminds me of the song that says 2 steps forward, one step back.)
This stitch makes a nice solid line with regular weight thread.


 Scraps either someone gave me or found at a Florida second hand store, or yard sale.
Just enough.



 That's it.
Game pieces are ready to be made.

Below are links to the 
Game quilt and some of it's blocks.

Quilt Shot Block ~ Game Quilt

 Quilt Shot Block #99~ Checkers

Quilt Shot Block #100~ Tic Tac Toe Game

Quilt Shot Block #102~ Joy's Parcheesi Game Block

 Game Pieces

1 comment:

  1. I like this! Could be easily translated into chess or checker boards too I would think. I have that stitch on my new machine but have yet to give it a try. Nice to see what it's supposed to look like!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.