Do you remember my sewing room, or as some might call it these days, my studio?
I like to refer to it has my Lady's Nest as opposed to the Man Cave.
If you don't remember this room, check back to the Feb 1, 2012 post and see more shots.
Thought I'd show you how it's changed & evolved in almost a year and a half.
Two cabinets of drawers are back to back and another cabinet with doors on the other end. You can see extra space on the other end where I store bolted fabric & 2 monster size rolls of embroidery stabilizer. One of the drawer units used to sit in the far corner with a shelve on top. Now the shelf is to the left of the machine.
Mr. G hung high shelves. Shelves came with all the library furniture when I bought it & we couldn't figure out where to use these shelves with finished edges. $1 each bracket from IKEA. Mr. G also hung the $5 florescent lighting unit. I still use the desk lamp when I need more focused light.
No more L-shaped work area. Now I have a triangle work area for cutting, sewing pressing.
$2. 50 clock where I can see it while I'm working, instead of the wall clock.
$2 white shelving unit to hold things I frequently use.
The basket for tiny scraps was a set of 5 I got on last year's HWY 127 yard sale for $1.
Yes, the shelf was curbside free and fit perfectly here with no touch up needed.
Just the right amount of room to store my old playground chair I had to get the year I went back to teach after my knee replacement.
I stole a nice wooden TV tray from Mr. G. I think he got it at Goodwill. It was the same height as my work surface. With folded fabric, it can work as a space to press small quilt pieces.
The plastic shelving unit holds various needles & notions. The machine accessory box moved from the filing cabinet to right here where I need it. Waste basket is under the TV tray.
I guess you noticed my fabric stash hasn't dwindled any. Matter of fact, it's grown a bit, because when you acquire fabric faster than you sew, that happens.
So looking back at the old post & revising:
>new piece of plywood or such to completely cover top of the 3 cabinets together. I knew I shouldn't have cut that piece down.
In time, if it's supposed to happen.
See updated room here- Aug. 18, 2014
Hope you enJOYed visiting "The Room of JOY." Come back and visit again! It will probably evolve some more.
Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page