Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunshine & Kreativ Awards- Thank-you Barb, Pam, Ana, Brian, Penny & Denise

Barb over at Grandma Barb’s This and That has given me 2 awards!   Thank-you very much.

One is
The Sunshine Blog Award which is a prize awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”
As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
  • Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
  • Answer the questions below.
  • Pass on the award to 5 bloggers you like, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
so here we go with the Sunshine Award....
1. Favorite color -  I'm drawn to reds and oranges, but if you look in my closet it must be black.
2.  Favorite Animal - Anything not creapy.  While I lived on a farm, we raised almost every domestic animal there is.  Since I've moved to town, I can't bare to keep a dog tied up and a cat in the house.  So, I have a fish.
3.
 Favorite Number - 13, just like Barb.  Anytime it's around, something good usually happens.
4.
 Favorite non-alcoholic drink - Depends on the mood and time of the year.  Right now, it's Crystal Lite Margaritas.
5.  Facebook or Twitter - FB.  Not interested in Twitter at all.  I'm one of the few that doesn't have a Smartphone and don't want one.
6.  My passion -I hope my blog shows my passions, which are several.
7.  Getting or Giving Presents - Giving
8.  Favorite Pattern -for what?
9.  Favorite Day of the Week - Just like Barb, "All of them since I have retired."  I thank God for all of them.
10.  Favorite Flower - Any red flower.

Now on to the Kreativ Award.   For this award I must come up with
 seven interesting things about myself.  

1.  I have taught all grades K through 8th grade & retired after 30 years of teaching.
2.  I taught myself about computers & software before the curriculum was available in Universities and became a technology resource teacher which I loved.
3.  I'm now trying to teach myself about photography.
4.  I've always had to make do with what I have and never like to be wasteful and now it seems the "in" thing to do.  Thank-goodness.  
5.  I used to own an RV trailer and hooked up and traveled on my own without help from a man (my ex didn't like to go camping.)  
6. I'm still not married, but I've got a wonderful best friend, great travel companion & love of my life, that I'm waiting to marry. 
7. I have been sugar/white flour FREE since 2004 for several health reasons.  I don't miss it at all.

In following the rules for the "Sunshine Award," I'm passing on these awards to the following folks for various inspiring reasons:
(They have been on the sideboard of my blog for quiet some time.)

1.  Pam @  Threading My Way has been so fundamental in helping my blog grow.  She offers an ongoing linky where I can post my sewing tuts.  When she has featured some of my projects, the traffic to my blog blossomed.  She is such an encouraging person.
2.  Ana @ Wonderland Photolog gave me great encouragement when I started posting to her Earth Wonders Challenges.  I've gotten lots of photography tips from her blog.
3.  Brian over @ hey BJK Outdoors inspires me with shots daily.  He lives somewhere not too far from me in this part of KY.  His photography is awe-inspiring and always gives me ideas.  I'm a nut for nature pictures as well. 
4.  Penny @ Comforts of Home doesn't know I stalked her blog at least a year before I became a follower & before I knew about Pinterest.  I didn't even know what following meant and just had her address listed in a folder on my computer to click on almost daily.  I loved her revamping ideas and watching her renew houses into homes with her decorating ideas.  Her blog is rather simple which leaves me thinking and dreaming.
5. Denise @ Whimsy Couture Boutique was the first (and only @ this time) blogger that asked me to be a guest on her blog.  I was so honored.   

and do I get to put Grandma Barb on here?  Looking at her blog, it seems we have so much in common around our homes and in our life.  Why we even chose the same template for the background of our blog!  Thank-you Barb for the recognition! 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award. I am honored! I am laughing at you saying you stalked my blog...too cute! Thanks again!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie :) I'm honoured. I honestly didn't know I could inspire others as you say and I want to thank you for letting me know plus all the sweetness in your words. I'm truly gratefull for having you in my life. wishing you a great new week :) next Friday I'm hoping to post a new Earth Wonders photo. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Joy, I'm flattered and honoured to receive this award!!! We have a lot in common... I retired after 30+ years teaching K - 6th grade and I also became interested in computers and technology before it was expected. I was the school's Computer Co-ordinator for the last 15 years of my career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Joy! I'm honored and flattered to be in such good company! Actually, flattered to even be chosen. I appreciate the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.