Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thoughtful Thinking Thursday #47 ~ Last Inch of 3rd Memory Quilt

What are the thoughts 
that go through a Quilter's head
 when they stitch the last inch?

What are the thoughts
 that go through a Quilter's head 
when they prepare to sew on the binding?
What are the thoughts
 that go through my head 
when finishing my third memory quilt 
made from Dad's shirts 
and a pair of Mother's slacks (turquoise)?
This quilt top was finished in January, 
and then I put off the quilting 
until I got some help
 with the Dream Frame.
Then I procrastinated more, 
because I was simply afraid to take that first stitch
and had to get used to quilting
 using the free motion quilting on the frame. 
I needed to practice first.
Finally, I decided I would 
use this quilt as practice
and as a learning piece on the Dream Frame.
When I got to the point I needed
 to stitch the motif for the center of the stars,
I was too scared to move on.
The machine would jump on me for some reason,
and I wasn't able to make a straight or curved line.
I finally thought I might as well do it!
They turned out ok with some mistakes.
I discovered I had to be
 more determined with a firm hand
 when it came to "drawing" with the machine.
I had to be the boss.
I started August, 2015.
 Please see below for all links to posts about this quilt.
It's intended to be well loved and used,
so all the learning mistakes can just be a part of it.
So it's been 9 months since I started this quilt.
The fabrics of Dad's shirts and Mother's slacks 
are well washed and soft.
One of Dad's sheets was used for the backing.
It's very soft and stitched easy. 
I've got several more quilts to make,
before the family members and caregivers choose.
*
I think a lot about the stripped shirt in this quilt.
What are your thoughts
when you are about to 
finish a long project?

Other related posts: 

Quilt Shot Block #56~ Midnight Mystery Comes Together- Quilt Top

 August- Quilt Shot Block #40~ Flying Geese for Midnight Mystery Quilt

September- Quilt Shot Block #46 ~ Square in a Square for Midnight Mystery Quilt 

 *******************
Thanks to:
Photoscape for downsizing, watermarking photos & editing.


***********************
Please see my "Linky Parties" link above





4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful finish! I really like how with your fabric choices the ring around the star and star really pop out. Your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great job! All the fears and problems will eventually fade away, good memories will stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I really like your centre quilting motif. Your turned these clothes into a treasure.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! I love the colors, and the quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.