Monday, April 15, 2013

Outdoor Coffee Table- All Lit UP

         Jokes have been made the last few days that you know it's finally spring in Kentucky, because folks are taking down their outdoor Christmas lights and decorations.  Well, I did take mine down in January after we celebrated our belated Christmas.  I have used Christmas white lights in more than one old light fixture.  Last week when we set up the deck furniture, I came up with this idea for a string of lights.
I strung them under the glass top of the coffee table.
They are plugged into a remote.


 It makes a nice soft, non-glaring light.
Yes!  Christmas IS over.  Bring on SPRING!  Please! 


including

Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page.

11 comments:

  1. That's very cool! Might have to try that with our glass patio table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lights really give a pretty soft glow to the table. Yes, please, please bring on spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea, I had to Pin it! I definitely want to give this a try! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this table idea...Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this and it creates a nice intimate feel for a deck or porch. I love the idea. I was laughing when I read yeah Christmas is over bring on spring, cause I literally just took down my Christmas lights off the house yest. : ). I hope you'll come share some of your talents with me at Fidlers Under One Roof. Our linking party is today! http://www.fidlersunderoneroof.com. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea!!! Instant mood lighting! Like the others' commenting...gonna have to try this! And it's so simple and inexpensive, too!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! I love it!!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea of having a coffee table in outdoors you can get fresh air and at the same time enjoy your coffee.

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.