Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Tues Pic Tutorial ~ Upcycled Jean Bag for a 2 yr. Old

While most children are given an Easter Basket for a one time use, I've always given my kids something they can really use. So, my Great Grandson got a mini back pack to carry things he is becoming interested in using like pencil, paper, gel pins, crayons and coloring books. I'm all for him using those things, so I gave him something to keep them in. There are plenty of pockets to stash away his treasures. Here is a pictorial tutorial of how I made the backpack for him from 1 pair of a 12 year old child's jeans given to me.

 

 

******************
Tuesday Pic Tutorial 
******************


 

 


 





 













Once you're able to unravel the one thread,
DO NOT pull apart the seam.
Let it stay together so you can restitch that one seam as it lays.
Here is that seam being restitched.
Stitch up to under the loop, backstitch, cut thread.

Break thread
Reset the foot on the other side of loop.
Back stitch and continue stitching on seam line.



 


 









Shared on the following Linky Parties:


 


4 comments:

  1. This is adorable and I bet it was fun to create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO love doing projects like this. Especially those that basically involve very little measuring like this one. Love just letting serendipity take me away.

      Delete
  2. I've always loved denim projects, so thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joy! I have been holding on to an old worn pair of jeans because I needed an idea for what to make out of them. Thanks for sharing some inspiration. This post will be a feature this week. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.