Friday, February 24, 2023

Fun Fri~ Sis & Her Hubby's 2023 BDay Card: Cabin Fever

I was about 5 days late making and mailing this card to my sister. 
Her husband has spent many hours building this cabin,
so I had to include it as his very early birthday card too.
 

 I SO enJOY pulling out my tools and pallet of fabrics
to work on a special card.
I try to make it as something that features something in their life
that has been special over the past year/s.

The white piece is a scrap of embroidery stabilizer
being cut down to the size of the card.
This pieces is the base for the work
which is made and then sewn onto the card
 around the edge as one piece 
I decided some time ago,
this method makes for a less messy back of the inside of the card.
Then I try to remember to sign and date the inside back of the work.
I always feel like I can't do these,
but once I sit down in my comfortable space and
grab a sheet of paper and fold it to size,
and start sketching,
it then starts shaping up and I get even more comfortable.
Oh yeah, I turn on some soft relaxing music via IHeart or YouTube.
I first started to make the roof in 3 different sections,
then decided on just one piece.
The roof on the left was traced and cut out for a pattern.

 
The hardest thing for me
is pulling out details
yet keeping it simple
but yet forming the picture 
that can be recognized.
When I take a picture of the work
I can actually appreciate it to be the results I intended or not.
Sometimes, too many details
clutter it up too much.
Then I wished I'd left well enough alone.

My sister can sew,
but her biggest talent is flower arrangements.
She can seek out flowers both real and artificial
and come up with the most fantastic arrangements.
I just cannot bring them together like she does.
She and her hubby do an awesome job
tending to the arrangements on all our families' graves.
I SO appreciate that.
 
Happy Birthday, D & R!


Sharing @
y
 
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You captured the original wonderfully! I'm sure your family will display it with pride (so much better than a boughten card that gets tossed shortly after the celebratory day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see your process. This was beautifully done. If it were I receiving it, it would definitely frame it - such a wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited her this past weekend. She told me she IS going to frame it!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card! Your sister and her husband were probably thrilled to get it!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.