Friday, April 3, 2020

Quilt Shot ~ Possible Beginnings of 2020 Quilt Challenge?

Our quilt guild's challenge for this year
was emailed to us on March 15 before we left Florida.
I had the whole drive home to think about it.

It read as follows:

All Things 2020
 This year’s challenge is very open ended. Put your thinking caps on and come up with a 2020 inspired quilt. Think outside the box, your artists statement will be what tells your story and how your quilt re- lates to 2020. 

Ideas to ponder:
  20 x 20 inches in size or number of blocks in your quilt
  20 different blocks or fabrics used in your quilt 
 Eyeglasses help provide 2020 vision - Have you seen those cute bespectacled animal quilts? 
 2020 the year - build a quilt around something that happened or you’ve seen this year that you want to commemorate. 
It could even be a new technique you learned in 2020.
 Is/was there such a thing as a pandemic quilt? How will you remember the year 2020? 

However, I've been so busy like many quilters
across the nation
 making cloth masks
and hadn't given the challenge much thought. 
(The above mask was for my daughter, the nurse. I really wonder if she wanted a reason to secretly check on me? So sweet.)
Then about a week ago when
 I was cutting pieces to make masks
and tossed more scraps onto the accumulating scrap pile..........
 
 AT THAT MOMENT 
my light bulb came on!
Do you know the idea I have for my 2020 Challenge Quilt?

1 comment:

  1. My first thought was to wonder how many of the challenge quilts might feature face masks or versions thereof. It will be interesting to see what types of social commentaries will be in the challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.