Friday, December 13, 2013

Making Christmas Stockings - Free Pattern & Tutorial


 Featured @ Marvelous Mommy
Been putting my embroidering machine to some good use making stockings for several people.  Here is my tutorial and free stocking pattern for you to download.


I do keep a journal to help me remember how I will do or did things.
Embroidery placement twisted my brain a bit.


I can't tell you how many times I forgot to add the hanger.

Through the opening, turn the stocking right side out.

Stuff the lining inside the stocking.

To join the edging.... 
You need to leave an inch overlapping the seam.
Start stitching about 2 inches after the seam.
Stop about 2 inches before you get back to the seam.
This gives you room to pin the 2 ends together and seam them together.

 Then flatten out the edging, start stitching (back stitch) where you left off to where you began (back stitch).

Turn right side out, and turn down the cuff.
For examples of stockings made from this pattern,
please go to:

************************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page






7 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I just printed off the pattern and love it! The ribbon is a nice touch. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pattern, these are very cute. I love the gathered ribbon, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute stocking and thank you for sharing the pattern! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. "sew" cute! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Wishing you a lovely Sunday and a very Merry Christmas♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chevron fabric is awesome! Thanks for the great tutorial and free pattern! You were featured today from the Create Link Inspire party! http://www.marvelousmommy.com/2013/12/7-useful-sewing-tutorials/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super tutorial :)
    I will be featuring your post on Tuesday 31st December in a tutorial roundup.
    Thank you so much for sharing this on Tutorial Thursdays Linky Party. I look forward to seeing you again this month :)
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.