Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thoughtful Thurs 190~ Ending the First Super Sad Year

 


Yesterday, around 6 am was the anniversary
 with the help of the
 nurse in the COVID unit,
I said Goodbye via the phone
 to my dear Sweet Mr G
who was actually non-responsive
as they had just removed his ventilator.
One of the nightmares that still haunts me
was not being allowed to be by his side
holding his hand
I was recovering from COVID so I felt no danger
and couldn't understand my denial.

I will always wonder if our loved ones that left us this way,
would have lived longer or survived
had we been allowed to be by their side,
or did they feel abandoned and give up?
Its been a very long sad year full of nightmares,
and thus, little sleep.
I miss him deeply and still have a hard time catching my breath.
during his last days and moments.
 
 His funeral and burial was on D-Day.


 

2 comments:

  1. Joy, it is so heartbreaking to lose the one you love most in the way you did. Covid took away so much of what we embraced in life and often took for granted. Mr. G. is always with you, but not in the same ways as before. Be strong and trust that life is still full of blessings waiting for you to find. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I could give you a hug in person.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.