Tuesday, October 15, 2019

All Occassion Quilt Card


     As I'm getting strength back, I'm doing a bit of work at the sewing machine that Mr. G helped me set up in the living room.
     Today I made some all occasion cards, because I had depleted my stockpile.







******************
Tuesday Tutorial
****************** 

 1 inch squares


Pulled these 9 different calicos from my scrap pile.
I've learned folks across the pond call calico what I call muslin.
Way back in the day before rotary cutters & cutting mats, when I learned how to hand quilt,
I was told a small print, usually flowers, that had at least 3 major colors
was called a calico, just like the 3 colored cat.
So by definition, one of the prints above is not a calico.
Some of these fabrics came from those early days of quilting,
so the young folks now call them vintage?
 An ever so slightly touch of glue to help hold these tiny pieces in place while I sew.
 A 3.6 wide zig zag was used on these 1 inch squares.

The inside of the card is left blank,
so the sender can write according to the occasion.
 Want more ideas?
Please visit my

1 comment:

  1. What a great project! Basically simple, but it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.