Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday Memory 118 ~ Presenting My Quilt Gallery Page

I was wondering how many quilts I've made since 2011.
So I put together a gallery.
*******
When I retired, I had been helping my church group
tie quilts for the World Orphans Organization.
So my goal was to make quilts in my retirement for that group.
I had several folks to donate fabrics to help me with that goal.
The direction for the quilts got side track and started going to the Linus group,
then that group changed to a local organization.

Then I spent a lot of time helping take care of my parents 
in their last days and didn't have time to make quilts.
After they passed, I started making memory quilts 
with their garments for my family and their caregivers.
 I started offering to make Memory quilts in leu of flowers for loved ones.
There have been a few graduation, wedding and baby shower gift as well.

Due to physical health, I had to stall for a couple of years.
This year, I've been back on track.
Yes, I have about 3 WIPs
and behind about 5 promised Memory Quilts,
not to mention several more of Mother/Dad's quilts.
I've only given 1 because I want everyone together to draw for their quilt.
How in the world would I decided which one to give to anyone?


So take a visit to my gallery page,
You can find it under the Heading of this blog,
or click HERE.
enJOY the memories with me!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see all your quilts together. You've made some really pretty ones. I love the fact that you make the memory quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.