Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Changing Needles & What Do You Do with Them?

       
Have you ever changed a needle and lost it down in your machine? Then, what do you do with that needle if it's not machine usable anymore? Here are some solutions.












******************
Tuesday Tutorial Tips
******************

When changing a needle, it can slip out of your fingers
and go down into the machine.
Ask me how I know.
I don't know how they can get stuck down in there but they can.
Ask me how I know.
Also, sometimes its still a good needle with a few hours to go on it.
It just needs to be changed because of a different fabric.
However, by the time it goes down in the machine,
it most likely develops a "burr" or got bent and can't be used anymore.
Ask me how I know.

 I have learned to cover the throat plate.
 Then, what do you do with a needle that won't work in your machine anymore?
Dad's Hospice nurse had reminded us that needles or sharps as they are called
should be handle with blood borne pathogens in mind.
So we created a plastic container like the liquid laundry detergent bottle
by marking it with red ink with the word "Sharps."
The opening at the top is just the right size to drop in needles and lancets.
I found the containers that my bulk chewing gum comes in
to be perfect for this job.

 The top opening is just the right size for rotary cutting blades.
The front opening is perfect for the needles.
******
Could you used needles if they haven't been bent yet?
I did see someone on You Tube the other day that actually use them as pins to pin a pattern.
If they don't cause thread to break and are at the end of their use,
I use them when I'm sewing on paper, like for
 scrappy cards
******************
 You'll find this post at several Linky Parties. Please check them out for some great ideas.

Thanks to 
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.