Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Patriotic Fabric Card

       I actually made this card for someone for the this past Memorial Holiday. Maybe we don't send greeting cards for those holidays, but I needed to thank someone for flowers they got for the cemetery. 
      Wouldn't it work for the fourth of July as well?    I think they'd make nice invitation cards as well, or if someone is unfortunate to not be feeling well, a get well card. I think we are about to have a generation that won't know what it's like to send or receive cards in the mail.




******************
Tuesday Teaser
******************
 I actually had some fabric from a thrift store find that had some silver sparkle outlined stars.
 My cards are made from a half sheet of card stock.
I ripped a sheet of paper into fourths to match a section of the card.

 One section of the paper became my template to help me decide how long and large
 to cut my scrap pieces of fabric.

When I was satisfied with the design,
I used the template to cut a piece of white fabric.




Hand printed.
You could run through printer using a favorite font.





**********************************************
Info about making an envelope
       The envelope can be made from a template using one sheet of paper that works perfectly with this "half page" card. Just do a web search. Some are PDF files. However some are jpeg (picture files) and if so, right click on the picture & download as an image which will print on a full sheet of paper. Use that as a template to trace around, so printer ink doesn't need to be used every time you make an envelope. No resizing should be needed to print. I used the ruler & rotary cutter to cut out 6 at a time.  Use a glue stick to hold.   (info updated 4/21/18)
***************************

  

 ********************************


Used Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
Quilting is more fun than Housework 








9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, great job! You have more patience than I do for something like this. Thank you Joy for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee is right. You have amazing patience! Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good and very patriotic I must say! Thanks for sharing your DIY idea with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. Have a great week Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Thank you for sharing at ‪#BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty‬.‬

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very creative. Thank you for sharing at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and it's so lovely to see someone still saying thank you in the good old fashioned way. I miss that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a unique card! I would never have thought to use fabric. It's really lovely. Thank you for linking up at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I’m sharing your link on social media.
    Carol (“Mimi”) from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cute post is a CREATIVE feature on the July You're the STAR blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2017/07/youre-star-week2-creative-july-2017.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a pretty card! You are very talented and creative. Thank you for sharing your card with us at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.