Monday, September 1, 2014

Designing the Suite Purse Skirt

        It has not been a productive summer when it came to getting projects done and posting to this blog.  I've been with my Mother throughout June and then back again here in August as her health runs like a roller coaster right now.  When there is little or no wifi available, then nothing gets posted anyway.
            While at my Mother's this week, I noticed one of the Caregivers had one of the new 31 Suite Skirt Purses.  I've had a few requests for a pattern for that purse via visitors that visit my Skirt Purse Free Pattern site.  So I drafted a pattern from her purse using the only paper I had available, newspaper.  Reminded me of the old days when my Grandmother, Mother and eventually me in the early sewing days, used newspaper to make our own patterns. 
         Finally, today I got around to using one of my Dad's old night shirts to cut out and sew it together (yes, I brought my little machine with me.)  The sides and bottom are oddly shaped and very hard to put together because it involves right corners.  I have to study on this a bit to make a much easier design that will fit. I also have to wait for the Caregiver to return with her purse for a fitting.
      Please be patient with me, and know why I don't publish on a regular basis.

**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear things have not improved for you Mother. Hang in there, we won't forget you. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.