Saturday, September 7, 2013

Quilt Shot Block #10 ~ Square in Square (in Square)



I so enJOY paper piecing.  Makes it look like you worked hard to be so accurate.

Got this pattern years ago from a book I purchased.  

The "Square in Square" block in this book is actually used in the "Storm @ Sea" design which I find fascinating because it seems to have curves in the design when in fact there are only straight lines.  "Storm @ Sea" is in the bottom shot in the upper right corner.
Below are some mini quilts using the "Square in Square" paying attention to layout of color.
I'm just using the "Square in Square" design.  
I ditto several copies of the page, & have them stuffed away in the book.
As I finish a sewing project, I take the small scraps and make a few blocks.
Do you recognize the fabric from the "7 Cowboy Shirt" quilt?
If you'd like to try paper piecing the "Square in Square", you can find a template and directions
@
www.craftbuds.com

Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.